Monday, October 27, 2008

Old City of Leipzig

Tonight I will be showing some photos of the old city of Leipzig, which are actually the surroundings of my apartment area. Most buildings are old. Old and grand. A rather breathtaking view on the first sight. I remember the few of us roamed around the old city way past midnight on the second day we arrived.

It has been raining almost the whole day today. I almost shivered while watching some funny blooper videos on Youtube.

It's going to be a short post tonight as I need to catch some sleep earlier. Here it goes. Most photos were taken on our second day in Leipzig.

I look the same almost every other day. Have been wearing the NS sweater everywhere I go these past 1 week or so.

New friends who are closest to me these days. (L-R: Lingam, me, Chong, Wai Tat, Fang Fang & my co-cameraman Daniel who took this shot). Another good buddy of mine, Lee is not around with us on that day. Fang Fang is the only lady (she's married!) among all the Manufacturing Engineers hired for the first batch. Wai Tat looks freakishly similar to Kenneth.

The interesting monument in the middle of a dried up pool.

Ding dong bells... :D

It so happened that there were quite a number of tourists on that day, mostly senior citizens.

Snapping away with buttocks blocking my view was not fun. I hate it when I don't get a good angle that I want in my photos. So by being picky, sometimes I rather not shoot. But I will return to snap loads more when I have the time.

Many eateries and shopping outlets are occupying the old buildings around here.

An ancient church-looking museum within walking distance from my apartment.

Just a view to show how big it really is. Magnificent!!

Big, expensive and posh cars are common in Leipzig too. I have seen a few Proton Wira Aeroback in Leipzig so far. I have not seen this kind of Mercedez before in Malaysia.

Baskers entertaining the crowd. There are different ones I have seen since the past 2 weeks here. These 2 guys were hitting some notes from The Beatles. And they are really fine singers.

I will have to stop here for now. I need to sleep. Will be posting some photos from my zoo visit soon. Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. hey! Nice photos and good info. I'm Khoo and will be joining qcell in Jan... When are you guys coming back to Malaysia? Is the construction of the factory completed yet?? I will be in Process dept.
    Rgds,
    KhooMT
    (mengtze@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meng! Gosh I've just seen that comment you posted on my blog only today. So sorry I missed that one. Hope you don't think I'm a snobbish prick! LOL!! I will try to figure out who you are now.. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete