Friday, October 24, 2008

Things That I Commonly See

Tonight's post will be a short one, as I need to sleep early tonight. Going to follow the company trip to Gorlitz, which is located somewhere nearby the borders of Czech and also Poland (If I'm not wrong). It is 12.45am here.

Tonight I will show the common views I see everyday from my bedroom window. Most of the time my big window will be shut tight, and the little one would only be opened at the top for ventilation. That is cold enough to make me shiver after showers. And oh yes, I still do take shower twice a day. Can still take the chills for the time being.

This would be the view that I see everyday. It is another apartment blok opposite mine. Looks nicer from the outside, but the apartment units are quite similar to mine. Some of us are located there. The only difference is they are 1-room studio apartment good for one person. Everything is smaller, and they don't have a living room. Good for total privacy, but boredom could drive one crazy, being far away from home and isolated from others. Just a nice thinker from a bitter me. Hehehe..

Some museum on the right, just slightly down the road. Don't know what is interesting there. Have no plans of visiting it. Bet that most of the descriptions are in German anyway.

Notice that yellow building with nice little windows on the rooftop? It's wonderful. This view is coming from Hang's room.

Some kind of artistic monument on the walkway of the opposite apartment. Don't know what they represent or mean, but in Leipzig, apparently people love art and expressions. You can see graffiti everywhere, mostly on walls of abandoned buildings, highways, almost everywhere. It is not considered vandalism. It's art. Go figure...

Every Tuesdays and Fridays, there would be a market set up just opposite my block. Many things are sold, mainly meat, sausages, cheese, breads and cakes, and not forgetting fruits. Lots of beautiful flowers are sold too. I will post what I see in the market maybe tomorrow. The market starts at about 8am, and lasts until about 5pm. That green car in the middle of the photo was actually a marketing gimmick for a new car model which is apparently eco-friendly. Germans are very concerned about pollution and they practice recycling very religiously.

That's all for tonight. Oh, I also saw a hot air balloon passing by from my window during my first week in Leipzig. It was a pleasant surprise.Oh before I end, we were informed that the time would be changing on Sunday. Daylight saving time would end, which means at 3am on 26 October 2008, the clock would be to be changed to 2am. Winter is approaching. I don't know what to expect. So does the locals. Some says it would even go down to -15 degrees Celsius during winter. Apparently it is 6 degrees outside right now according to Google results. I could feel the chills right now through the little opening of my window. I hope there would be snow. That would really complete this journey. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if u can get a closer view of tht black artistic monument. it looks kind of interesting. u can make a collection of them since u r there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes for sure. There are another weird one in some blocks away. I will shoot them definitely.

    ReplyDelete